OFSTED - Good with Outstanding Elements
The school has just received its latest OFSTED report:
Effectiveness of leadership and management Good
Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good
Personal development, behaviour and welfare Outstanding
Outcomes for pupils Good
Melissa, our Headteacher, stated ahead of the proposed school developments in September " I am proud of the school team who have worked tirelessly together to drive through change. The positive change that is reflected in this report also lays the solid foundations for our move to a dual site school."
Highlights from the inspector are:
- The headteacher and governors have made successful changes to ensure that pupils receive high levels of care and good outcomes. Consequently, the school meets all the independent school standards.
- Personal development is rightly prioritised. Strong relationships and provision for pupils’ social, moral, spiritual and cultural understanding enable pupils to demonstrate excellent attitudes to learning.
- Pupils behave extremely well because they receive excellent support and experience consistently respectful relationships.
- Pupils’ special educational needs are well supported. There are many opportunities for pupils to practise and achieve their individual targets.
- Leaders have placed a strong emphasis on developing teaching and learning. Teaching is good because teachers receive effective support and challenge that enable them to improve.
- Teachers have high expectations of what pupils can achieve. They provide pupils with challenging and interesting tasks. As a result, pupils across the school achieve well.
- The curriculum is broad, balanced and flexible enough to meet the diverse needs of the pupils. Consequently, different groups of pupils make good progress across the curriculum.
- Equal opportunities are well promoted. Leaders ensure that all pupils have equal access to an appropriately challenging curriculum. Teachers ensure that pupils understand differences, such as beliefs, and know that regardless of difference everyone is entitled to a fair chance.
Read More in the full report - click here to download OFSTED 2016